Saturday, June 16, 2012

Great News

Validation for  one's work is always a welcomed experience.  This year my husband David has been entering my work in several competitions.  Now for the great news.  I just found out that one of my paintings was chosen to be a finalist in the RayMar Art Contest for the month of June.  I would like to thank Warren Chang for his kind comments.  Here is the direct link to my painting and Warren's description of why he chose it. 


"Roots" has special meaning for me since the meat grinder and milk pail come from the farm back in North Carolina.  I've been lugging them around with me all these years and never gave them a second thought until I began this journey of capturing my "roots" on canvas.  The root vegetables were fun to paint, hence the title.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Beautiful values. Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deborah!!!!! A much deserved honor. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls and thanks for being my cheering section!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes beautiful soft and subdued with an antique patina quality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes. let's get together. In Kansas on hwy 70. Thanks for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...