Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Master's Secret Summit

A couple of weeks ago I was contact by an artist, Kathryn Lloyd for her artist's series, Master's Secret Summit.  This series was new to me so I went on line and saw some of her amazing interviews with master artists like Harley Brown, Virgil Elliott, and Stephanie Birdsall.

Yesterday was my scheduled time for the interview and a first time user of Skype on my laptop with camera.  After a few minutes of technical glitches we were up and running. The interview flew by and forty-five minutes later it was over.  Kathryn was a delight to talk to and I rambled on and on.  Hope she is good a editing.  This is her second round of interviews and am not sure how many other artists are in this second series that will be aired on line Sept. 14th. Click on this link to sign up so you will be able to view my interview and the others as soon as it comes out.

I love pot(s).  No not the growing kind but painting interesting pots in a single large format.  I don't paint a lot of them; only when I find a pot that speaks to me.   Had fun painting with a new color-Perylene Black.  It is transparent and a deep green/blue black.  When mixed with Naples Yellow (Old Holland), you get this yummy color.

                                                                     Nebulae
                                                          Oil on Linen  36" x 36"

2 comments:

  1. I certainly will be listening to your interview; I have recently found your blog and find your writing very concise and helpful! I just wanted you to know, because sometimes the Internet world can appear too quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for responding with your positive comments. I don't blog a lot, only when I have something To say.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...