Friday, March 2, 2012

New Gallery

I've finally crossed the Mississippi River and have branched out into the great state of Texas to show in a gallery in Fredericksburg.  David and I arrived here today with the paintings so we could meet Mary Katherine Fickel owner and entrepreneur of The Good Art Company.  This energetic lady has selected an impressive body of work for her gallery and I am honored to be part of it.

We arrived today and it just so happened that it was the first Friday and their monthly Art Walk.  Tonight the community was alive with people who filled the streets and galleries to enjoy impressive art, good wine, and lots of catered food. The people were warm and very proud of Fredericksburg.  After spending time with Mary Katherine and talking with her patrons, it is apparent that she is well connected with her community and is highly thought of by art collectors from around the country.   Take a look at my work hanging in the front room.  We arrived early so we could take photos before the crowds came.


An extra treat was our late lunch in a restaurant called The Crossroads owned by the owner of the Food Network.  The lunch was unbelievable.  Thank you Fredericksburg and the gracious, warm welcome you extended to me and David.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Your work stands out against those walls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the walls. They were the original stones of the building that went up in 1860. I think I have fallen in love with the hill country of Texas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...