Thursday, February 9, 2012

Finally Finished-Maybe

For those of you that have been following this painting, you can see I have made some major changes.  First lesson learned.  A beautiful, colorful antique quilt wants to take center stage.  I had to remove it.  The focal area is the colorful spools of thread.  The rabbit is a supporting character along with book and mug.  The drapery has been changed and the white spool of thread is now yellow.  I needed the yellow to be repeated somewhere so the book color wasn't an isolated color.  Am I finished?  It feels finished because I have accomplished my intended goal BUT the mug doesn't have the Mary Had a Little Lamb design.  Also Jane is alone on the book cover.  Decision--Dick or no Dick?  Does it need it?  I'll put it aside for a few days and come back to it later. 

                                                        Here is the original photo
Any questions or comments are always welcomed.  I really enjoy painting with you guys looking over my shoulder.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...